Aalborg University is continuously monitoring the COVID-19 situation and is adapting plans and activities accordingly. Based on our latest evaluation of the Arrival Day activities compared to the current situation due to COVID-19 we have decided to change the activities to online only.
Arrival day wednesday 27 January 2021
AAU Admissions Office will host an online session on Wednesday 27 January 2021 from 10 AM to 11.30 AM (CET).
Here we will go through important information life as a student in Denmark, including how to find and use the doctor, how to register for residence permit (only EU residents, as non-EU already have student visa) and how to register for the health insurance.
When you sign up for the Arrival Day you will receive a link for the online session via the Application Portal no later than 26 January 2021.
New students will need to access the Need to do information and registration forms online (available below on this page).
Please note that you will still need to register with the Danish authorities in person at their locations (addresses found in the Need to do information) and you will need to print and bring the forms for registration.
If you are feeling sick or you want to be tested when you arrive in Denmark, you have the possibility to be tested without a CPR number here https://rn.dk/service/english/immediate-help
Welcome session Thursday 28 January 2021
Thursday 28 January 2021, 10.00 AM - 12.30 PM (CET).
Venue: Zoom (link will be received in email)
10.00 AM - 10.30 PM
Head of the Studyboard for International Affairs, Ane Bislev welcomes you to Aalborg University.
Head of International House Aalborg, Lasse Frimand welcomes you to the city of Aalborg.
10.30 AM - 12.30 PM
AAU Career and Student Guidance at 10.30 AM - 11.30 PM
Crack the code to studying at AAU and working in Denmark
11.30 AM - 12.15 PM
Culture Crash Course
A former international student will talk about living in Aalborg and tips and tricks for studying at AAU.
They will answer questions about getting to know Danes and studying.
Presentation from the welcome reception
PRESENTATION FROM ARRIVAL DAY
Important documents for the danish AUTHORITIES
We advise you to go through the material and see the information film before your participate in the Online session.
- Need to do information
- Arrivals from foreign contries (hand-in at Citizen Service Center)
- OD1 form for EU students (hand-in at SIRI)
- Self-support declaration (hand-in at SIRI)
- Leaving the country form (hand-in at Citizen Service Center when leaving Denmark permanently)
Below you find some nice to know materials from varies organisations and societies for international students in Aalborg.
- A quick guide to bus transportation in Aalborg
- AIESEC_Student Community in Aalborg who focuses on leadership development
- BEST_For European students
- ELSK Aalborg_Engaging people in Aalborg in loving their city
- FTFa_Financial security when living in Denmark
- IDA_Interest group for students within IT, natural sciences and engineering
- I-Life_A NGO whose goal is to introduce international students to Danish culture
- Intercambio_A programme that celebrates languages, cultures and bringing people together across borders
- Internatioanl House North Denmark_The “public one-point entry" for international students
- KFS_A place to meet others
- Language Center Aalborg
- Language Center Aalborg_Video
- Study Aalborg_The educational city folder
- Swapfiets_The smart bike subscription
- Young Professionals in Denmark_Kickstart your career in Denmark
- Young Professionals in Denmark_Video
- Aalborg International Friends_An initiative run by a group of churches in Aalborg with an interest in supporting internationals
- AAU Career_Guide students towards a meaningful working life