Arrival session Tuesday 23 august and Thursday 25 August 2022
AAU Admissions Office will host an online session on Tuesday 23 August 2022 from 10 AM to 11.30 AM (CET) and again on Thursday 25 August 2022 from 13.30 PM to 15 PM.
Here we will go through important information about life as a student in Denmark, including how to find and use the doctor, how to register for residence permit (only EU residents, as non-EU already have student visa) and how to register for the health insurance card.
We will send you a link for the online session via the Application Portal approximately a week before the session.
New students must access the Need to do information and registration forms online (available below on this page).
Please note that you will still need to register with the Danish authorities in person at their locations. You can find the addresses in the Need to do information and you must print and bring the forms for registration.
MONDAY 29 august
GUIDED BUS TOUR OF AALBORG
Venue: Musikkens Plads, Musikkens Plads 1, 9000 Aalborg (at the right side of Musikkens Hus, when facing the harbour)
Take a free 50-minute guided bus tour around the city of Aalborg.
Departures on 14PM, 15PM, 16PM and 18PM. Show up 10 minutes before departure.
TUESDAY 30 AUGUST 10AM
international Welcome day
Venue; Create, Rendsburggade 14, Aalborg
10.00 - 10.20 Vice Dean of education, Malene Gram, welcomes you to Aalborg University and Head of International House, Aalborg, Lasse Frimand Jensen welcomes you to the city of Aalborg.
10.20 – 11.00 Fair for Internationals in Aalborg – mingle and learn what Aalborg has to offer on sports, social gatherings and events, cultural and volunteer organizations and much more.
11.00 – 12.00 The following presentations runs in parallels of 60 minutes: (The presenters will change room, and you just stay in the same room)
- Room 1: Crack the code to studying at AAU and working in Denmark by/AAU Career and Student Guidance
- Room 2: Meet the University Chaplains & Language Center Aalborg. Learn how the University Chaplains can help you, regardless of religion – and get a taste of how to learn Danish from the Language Center
12.00 – 12.30 Sandwich
12.30 – 13.30 The following presentations runs in parallels of 60 minutes:
- Room 2: Crack the code to studying at AAU and working in Denmark by/AAU Career and Student Guidance
- Room 1: Meet the University Chaplains & Language Center Aalborg. Learn how the University Chaplains can help you, regardless of religion – and get a taste of how to learn Danish from the Language Center
13.40 – 14:20: Culture Crash Course - learn tips and tricks for studying at AAU from a former international student living in Aalborg & the student organization I-Life. Get inspiration of how to get to know Danes and studying in Denmark.
WEDNESDAY 31 AUGUST 10AM
guided tour on main campus breakfast & lunch included.
Venue; Canteen, Frederik Bajers Vej 7, 9220 Aalborg Øst!
Starts at 10am to 13.30 pm
Learn where to find the most important locations on main campus and join us for funny games. We will start with breakfast and end up with sandwiches.
We have arranged a special SIRI day (City Centre) for EU/EEA students to get both their residence documents and CPR number.
All EU/EEA students will receive a link through the application portal (In July) to schedule an appointment the 31 August. The opening hours are from 8-15 on this specific day.
We also have the guided tour on campus the 31 August, so just drop by when you have done the registration part.
Wednesday 7 september 6.30pm
City Walk & International Night
City walk, Starting point: STUDENTERHUSET, Gl. Torv 10, 9000 Aalborg
Guided by your Buddies: see the city by foot. The walk will take you by local attractions as well as addresses that will be handy to know when you register with the Danish authorities.
International night, Venue: STUDENTERHUSET, Gl. Torv 10, 9000 Aalborg, starts around 8pm-ish.
Come celebrate the first International Night of the semester at the Student House with cheap drinks and meet other international and Danish students. City walk ends at Studenterhuset where you can have a drink and get to know your fellow students after the walk.
Important documents for the danish AUTHORITIES
We advise you to go through the material and see the information film before your participate in the Online session.
- Need to do information
- Arrivals from foreign contries (hand-in at Citizen Service Center)
- OD1 form for EU students (submit to SIRI)
- Leaving the country form (hand-in at Citizen Service Center when leaving Denmark permanently)
Below you find some nice to know materials from varies organisations and societies for international students in Aalborg.
- A quick guide to bus transportation in Aalborg
- AIESEC_Student Community in Aalborg who focuses on leadership development
- BEST_For European students
- ELSK Aalborg_Engaging people in Aalborg in loving their city
- FTFa_Financial security when living in Denmark
- IDA_Interest group for students within IT, natural sciences and engineering
- I-Life_A NGO whose goal is to introduce international students to Danish culture
- Intercambio_A programme that celebrates languages, cultures and bringing people together across borders
- Internatioanl House North Denmark_The “public one-point entry" for international students
- Language Center Aalborg
- Language Center Aalborg_Video
- Study Aalborg_The educational city folder
- Swapfiets_The smart bike subscription
- Tips for sustainable everyday life in Denmark
- AAU Career_Guide students towards a meaningful working life
- AAU Student Guidance