Arrival session Tuesday 23 august and Thursday 25 August 2022
AAU Admissions Office will host an online session on Tuesday 23 August 2022 from 10 AM to 11.30 AM (CET) and again on Thursday 25 August 2022 from 13.30 PM to 15 PM.
Here we will go through important information about life as a student in Denmark, including how to find and use the doctor, how to register for residence permit (only EU residents, as non-EU already have student visa) and how to register for the health insurance card.
We will send you a link for the online session via the Application Portal approximately a week before the session.
New students must access the Need to do information and registration forms online (available below on this page).
Please note that you will still need to register with the Danish authorities in person at their locations. You can find the addresses in the Need to do information and you must print and bring the forms for registration.
MONDAY 29 AUGUST GUIDED BUS TOUR OF AALBORG
Venue: Musikkens Plads (at the right side of Musikkens Hus, when facing the harbour)
Take a free one-hour guided bus tour around the city of Aalborg.
Timescedule coming soon!
TUESDAY 30 AUGUST 10AM international Welcome day
Venue; Create, Rendsburggade 14, Aalborg
10.00 - 10.20 Vice Dean of education, Malene Gram, welcomes you to Aalborg University and Head of International House, Aalborg, Lasse Frimand Jensen welcomes you to the city of Aalborg.
10.20 - 10.50 Mingle and see what Aalborg has to offer
11.00 – 12.00 AAU Career and Student Guidance
12.00 - 12.30 Sandwich
12.30 – 13.45 Crack the code to studying at AAU and working in Denmark Language Center Aalborg and their offer for International Students
13.50 – 14.30 Culture Crash Course, a former international student will talk about living in Aalborg and tips and tricks for studying at AAU. They will answer questions about getting to know Danes and studying!
WEDNESDAY 31 AUGUST Breakfast and guided tour on main campus
Venue; comming soon!
Starts at 10am.
Wednesday 7 september 6.30pm City Walk & International Night
City walk, Starting point: STUDENTERHUSET, Gl. Torv 10, 9000 Aalborg
Starts at 6.30PM
Guided by your Buddies: see the city by foot. The walk will take you by local attractions as well as adresses that will be handy to know when you register with the Danish authorities.
International night, Venue: STUDENTERHUSET, Gl. Torv 10, 9000 Aalborg, starts around 8pm-ish.
Come celebrate the first International Night of the semester at the Student House with cheap drinks, and meet other international and Danish students. City walk ends at Studenterhuset where you can have a drink and get to know your fellow students after the walk.
Important documents for the danish AUTHORITIES
We advise you to go through the material and see the information film before your participate in the Online session.
- Need to do information
- Arrivals from foreign contries (hand-in at Citizen Service Center)
- OD1 form for EU students (submit to SIRI)
- Leaving the country form (hand-in at Citizen Service Center when leaving Denmark permanently)
Below you find some nice to know materials from varies organisations and societies for international students in Aalborg.
- A quick guide to bus transportation in Aalborg
- AIESEC_Student Community in Aalborg who focuses on leadership development
- BEST_For European students
- ELSK Aalborg_Engaging people in Aalborg in loving their city
- FTFa_Financial security when living in Denmark
- IDA_Interest group for students within IT, natural sciences and engineering
- I-Life_A NGO whose goal is to introduce international students to Danish culture
- Intercambio_A programme that celebrates languages, cultures and bringing people together across borders
- Internatioanl House North Denmark_The “public one-point entry" for international students
- Language Center Aalborg
- Language Center Aalborg_Video
- Study Aalborg_The educational city folder
- Swapfiets_The smart bike subscription
- AAU Career_Guide students towards a meaningful working life
- AAU Student Guidance