Welcome to Aalborg University!
From mid August you may find semesterplans with recommended readings in Moodle. You will find information regarding login to Moodle in the right side of this webpage. Below please find information regarding the first day at AAU, where your education is physically placed and contact information for the secretary and the student counselor(s).
New students will receive a welcoming letter sent to their @student.aau.dk e-mail.
31st of August 2022: International Welcome Day
1st of September: Study start for all new students
Secretary 1. semester
A.C. Meyers Vænge 15, 3. sal
A.C. Meyers Vænge 15, 2450 København
You can find further information and help here:
- AAU Copenhagen: www.en.cph.aau.dk
- Study homepage: www.kdm.aau.dk
- Study counselor: www.kdm.aau.dk/studievejledning, www.en.cph.aau.dk/degree-programmes/student-guidance-centre/, www.en.aau.dk/education/student-guidance/general-student-guidance
- Career counselor: www.careers.aau.dk
- International office: www.internationaloffice.aau.dk
- Study guide CPH: www.studyguide.aau.dk/study-in-copenhagen/
- Description, the PBL teaching model: www.studyguide.aau.dk/aalborg-pbl-model/
- International students’ survival guide to life in Denmark: www.newstudents.aau.dk/masters-cph/
- For questions related to COVID-19 and admission: www.en.aau.dk/education/apply/COVID19/
- International counselor at AAU CPH: Deborah Vlaeymans: https://www.en.cph.aau.dk/international-students/
- Accommodation guidance, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International guidance, email: email@example.com
If you are a foreign student it is VERY important that you participate in the International Welcome Day and other events that are arranged through the international office.
You will be introduced to our campus, visit the Study Service Team, get to know more about AAU’s study life, receive instructions on official registration at the Danish authorities, and information on other practical matters. The administration in Copenhagen is NOT able to help you afterwards.
Note regarding the SU office: www.sukontor.aau.dk
The site is in Danish but if you are a foreign citizen you can read about the SU rules at the site, if you scroll a bit.
If you want to apply for SU you have to fill out an application form at su.dk via the online system min SU. You also have to fill out a special form for foreign citizens (pops-up when registering that you are not a Danish citizen). The application form has to be sent to the SU-office whereupon we will register it and forward it to the Danish authorities. Please note that it can take up to several months before you receive an answer.